Cloud – Stay Above The Rest
Cloud Services for AEC Firms
You may agree with me when I say:
“You are looking to grow your architecture, design or engineering firm to take on new, interesting and fun projects, but find it difficult to do as it requires substantial investments in your current IT environment”
Should this be a limiting factor for your firm?
Surely you may think that continuing to reinvest into your on premise infrastructure is the best way to go, and it may very well be for your practice. However, there are alternatives , that you may want to consider, which could allow your firm to grow and scale at a pace that you desire, providing a bigger return on your IT investment over time.
One of such alternatives, and the most publicized, is cloud services.
With more and more services being offered in the cloud, many AEC firms, just like yours, have been finding a way to leverage those services, and substantially lower their overall IT investment. They are able to utilize virtually limitless cloud resources to grow and scale their Architecture, Design or Engineering firm.
Over the years we have helped many of our AEC clients, just like you, migrate substantial pieces of their on-premise infrastructure to the cloud environment. Helping them realize a bigger return on their IT investment for years to come. Architecture, Design and Engineering firms are able to leverage cloud computing to derive many benefits, such as:
- Work from anywhere – Have “boots on the ground” overseeing a project at client site? Wherever there is internet connectivity your employees, consultants and contractors can access the most up to date information, on any device.
- Increased collaboration – When your project teams can access, edit and share documents anytime, from anywhere, they’re able to do more together, and do it better.
- Document Control – Are you still using email or FTP to send files back and forth between team members for edits and reviews? Sooner or later – usually sooner – you end up with a mess of conflicting file content, formats and titles. With cloud computing, all files are stored centrally and everyone sees one version of the truth. Greater visibility means improved collaboration, which ultimately means better work and a healthier bottom line.
- Go Green – Preserving the environment through sustainable design is very important to most AEC practices. By leveraging cloud services, you are taking additional steps to achieve that goal. Moving services from a low efficiency on premise infrastructure, to a highly efficient, sustainably designed datacenter, reduces the overall carbon footprint that your firm leaves behind.
- Competitive Advantage – Have you ever wished to take a simple step and make your AEC firm more competitive? Moving to the cloud provides your firm with access to enterprise-class technology, and allows smaller businesses to act faster than big, established competitors.
- No more capital expense – Is your local infrastructure becoming a money pit, with capital investments made more and more often? Cloud computing removes the high cost of hardware. You simply pay as you go and enjoy a monthly payment model that’s kind to your wallet and cash flow.
- Flexibility – Have new design professionals coming aboard? It’s very easy to scale your services up or down in the cloud depending on business need. This makes onboarding much easier, and the costs always predictable.
- Disaster Recovery – Keeping your practice running in the event of a disaster is an area of concern for most owners. Having your critical services in the cloud, with a reputable provider, minimizes the risk that a disaster can have on your AEC firm. Critical services are accessible from anywhere in the world, as long as there is an internet connection.
- Always Up To Date – The provider takes care of all the required updates to their service or application, so you don’t have to worry about wasting time maintaining the system yourself.
Now that you know how much your practice stands to gain from leveraging cloud services, let’s look at which critical pieces of your IT puzzle can be moved to the cloud. As of today, most services that your AEC firm requires to operate effectively and efficiently can reside in the cloud. The list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Productivity Applications
- Phone Services
- Team Collaboration Tools
- Project management Tools
- Accounting and Billing Services
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Archiving and Compliance
Does this sound Interesting? Do you have more questions? Ask for a Free Cloud Services Consultation Now
Or Download our book “5 Steps to Easy Cloud Transition” Today!
Get The Latest Technology Advice, News,
Trends and more in Your Inbox